Current projects include synthesis of a single wall carbon nanotubes with controlled conductivity, synthesis of a graphene with controlled number of layers and manufacturing of the ultracapacitor devices based on the nanotubes and graphene.
Arc discharge technique is utilized for synthesis of 2D nanomaterials, nanotubes and magnetic nanoparticles. Both experimental and simulation approaches are employed.
- Mechanism of synthesis in arc discharge
- Physics of atmospheric pressure arc discharge
- Effect of magnetic field on synthesis
- Synthesis of 2D layered materials (graphene, hBN, MoS2)
- In situ diagnostics of material synthesis in arc discharge
- Simulation of arc discharge plasma and nanoparticle synthesis
- Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications
- Thermal metamaterials